RiskFirst is a financial technology business providing intuitive, user-friendly risk analytics and reporting solutions to the pensions and investment market. In other words – we create financial software.
Our research and development office in Bulgaria is looking to expand once again and we hope that you are the one to match our team mindset. We are looking for a Senior Automation Quality Assurance Engineer to join one of our self-organising development teams and play a key role in delivering high quality, high performing web apps for our industry leading SaaS products. Which is also the reason why our chosen approach of assuring the quality of our software is via automated tests written in C#. Being code savvy is a must for that position!
We have an easy to get to office in the heart of Sofia. However, we have currently opened some remote positions!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a good understanding of C# and OOP
- Be motivated
- Have QA experience (and automation experience will be an advantage)
- Be communicative and eager to learn/grow
- Have a good command of English
What will your day at work look like?
- You will be writing tests in C#. You will using .NET CoreStandard most of the time for that purpose. The developers would have already created a decent amount of tests themselves. You are expected to ensure that the coverage is reasonably high and add missed out cases or modify existing ones if needed.
- If you think that creating extensive test documentation will be beneficial– you will be free to do so. We have (many) simple services and separately their complexity is low enough, so that smart naming and structure makes them self-documented.
- You will create performance related tests
- The tests are automatically executed several times a day. There is infrastructure in place that can automatically build and deploy a service and run its tests. You will not be involved with its maintenance but you will be aware of its existence and way of work.
- You will use the following tools – Visual Studio, SQL Server, Postgres, IIS, Kubernetes, Docker ReSharper, TFSGit, Visual Studio Online and whatever will help you do your job (better).
- When it comes to processes (if that matters to you) – we are following the Scaled agile framework (SAFe) and the teams are doing two week scrum sprints.
- You would need to be familiar with the simple software development approaches like Inversion of ControlDependency Injection, Proxies, Client-Server in order to perform your day to day tasks.
What can you expect from the working environment?
- You will be working on services/applications that you and your team can call your own.
- Your colleagues are experts in their field – you can expect their work to be of high quality and the team will expect the same of you.
- Flexible working hours, as long as the work process remains efficient.
- You will have the power to make a difference and to be an individual, not just a resource.
- Your voice will be heard on all matters.
- Last but not least, we offer a highly competitive compensation package.
- Pluralsight Subscription
- Additional Health Insurance
- MultiSport Cards
- Pool Table& Football Table
Since this is a remote position, you should be a self-sufficient engineer, who is able to perform with minimal supervision. This requirement makes the position unsuitable for candidates with no experience.
If you have read the whole advert, you should already know what skillset is required in order to be able to create a quality product. Don’t hesitate – APPLY NOW and take our relationship to the next level!
* All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
** Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.