RiskFirst (A Moody’s Analytics Company) is an award winning and rapidly growing FinTech with a track record of helping our clients solve the complex and difficult business challenges they face.
We are a very close-knit team at RiskFirst and we all actively encourage the development of ourselves and others and are interested in finding new ways to do things, new ways to make things and new ways to see things.
As Senior UI/UX Designer at RiskFirst you will be part of small UX Design team that supports a number of agile development teams creating and shaping digital products for our growing product portfolio.
You deeply understand that an interface is the craft of marrying of functionality, content, context, interaction, technology and brand. You’ll believe that the best products are created as the result of great working relationships with the team and will always champion the integral values of Design Thinking, Visual Design and User Experience Design to help shape the vision on projects.
You will be responsible for producing UI/UX deliverables and need a firm understanding of user- centered design processes, a solid grounding in Agile and lean development processes, and will need to provide evidence of these skills for this role.
Key relationships: Senior UI/UX designers need to be able to create strong relationships and working methodologies with team members across, Technology and Product in order to ensure that the quality of our work is Industry leading.
- Designing concepts across multi-platforms
- Conveying design concepts to various internal and external audiences
- Ability to design & define static and interactive Data Visualisation solutions
- Plan and run user research, prototype and concept testing, and usability testing.
- Understand key principles of cognitive psychology, interaction design and information architecture
- Understanding audiences’ needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into creative concepts that match and meet business needs and objectives
- Sharing knowledge and helping to guide and mentor more junior members of the team
- Critique design work
- Experience working with and defining design systems
- Defining and mapping out user journeys and workflows
- Confident use of sketches and storyboarding to communicate ideas and solutions
- Contributes to the development of best practice methods and approaches at RiskFirst
- 5+ years experience in digital interface design for products, websites, mobile, tablet and TV and spanning multiple industries
- An exceptional portfolio
- Solid core design skills in relation to layout, grids, typography, colour, scale, composition, tone & iconography
- Experience with the testing of design work to improve based on learnings
- Passion for planning and running user research
- Fully trained with demonstrable experience of Agile using Scrum and/or Kanban
- A passion for clean, functional and outstanding design
- Proficient with Sketch & Zeplin
- A solid period of time working in a client-side UX environment
- Happy to travel a few times a year to clients in the UK and US
- HCI/Interaction Design or similar degree, or equivalent experience
Excellent benefits including;
- private pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- life insurance
- critical illness cover
- discretionary bonus
- bike scheme
- modern laptop
- private medical