RiskFirst is a highly innovative financial technology business providing intuitive, user-friendly risk analytics and reporting solutions to the pensions and investment market.
Our award-winning product, PFaroe, is now the UK market leader in DB pensions and has a fast-growing foothold in the US. We employ modern engineering principles, automation, and continuous delivery to iterate quickly on our customers’ needs and advocate personal development to empower self-organising teams.
The London development team is currently expanding and we’re looking for an experienced .Net Developer to join an Agile team responsible for delivering the next generation of our Software-as-a-Service products.
You’ll have a passionate approach to work, a clear and genuine interest in technology and development best practices, and be highly delivery focused.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working in an Agile team to deliver RiskFirst’s industry leading software-as-a-service products.
- Building Web API services using the .Net Core framework
- Developing crucial micro services that our products run on and in time taking ownership over a subset you’re involved in.
- Implementing new functionality and writing unit/integration tests in C#.
- Supporting and migrating legacy systems to .net core.
- Using modern tools like Visual Studio 2019, SQL Server, IIS, ReSharper, Git, Octopus Deploy, NuGet, Azure DevOps and whatever helps you do your job (better)
- Following a Scrum methodology approach, specifically SAFe (Scaled Agile) framework.
- Contributing to our ongoing learning and development environment through regular code reviews, workshops and retrospectives.
We’re looking for:
- Experience developing C# applications on the .Net framework
- Knowledge of ASP.Net MVC
- Source control (Git)
- An appreciation of modern architectural principles and best-practices
- Advocate of clean, simple, well structured code.
- Pragmatic and level-headed approach to all aspects of your responsibilities
Bonus points for:
- Experience with ASP.Net Core
- Exposure to DevOps practices in Azure, AWS and/or GCP
- Experience of Docker and Kubernetes
- Automation testing and commonly used tools (Selenium, SpecFlow)
- A competitive salary based on qualifications, skill level and experience.
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Critical illness cover
- Workplace pension scheme
- Bike scheme
- Social events throughout the year
- Beer fridge!
- And much more…..
We look forward to hearing from you!